Sugary Drink Resources
Sugary drinks - regular soft drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks, flavored waters, sweetened teas, and fruit drinks - are sweetened with sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, or other calorie-laden sweeteners. They are a significant source of nutrition-less or "empty" calories in the American diet and a significant contributor to chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and fatty liver disease.
The links below provide a wide range of information on the public health benefits of taxing sugary drinks, as well as other policy efforts to reduce the consumption of beverages with added sugars.
- Publications Database
- Rudd Center Collaborators
- Policy Briefs and Reports
- Wellness School Assessment Tool
- Revenue Calculator for Sugary Drink Taxes
- Media Gallery
- Legislation Database
- Food Marketing FACTS Reports
- Newsletter Sign Up
- NEW! CACFP Nutrition Standards